Job Type: Permanent
Location: Elstree, London WD6
Reporting to the Field Service Manager, as a Distributed Sensing Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for the following (but not limited to):
You will be responsible for the following (but not limited to):
- Adhere to Company’s and clients’ HSE requirements and local legislation at all times and actively promote safe work practices
- Operating knowledge of the iDAS and ULTIMA systems
- Operating knowledge of Silixa proprietary software packages for data handling and processing
- Planning and execution of distributed sensing data acquisition, ensuring that a strict acquisition program is formulated and followed
- Post job finalisation of client deliverables consisting of processed data plots, digital data and end of well reports
- Handling of optical fibers in preparation for data acquisition (stripping, splicing, testing etc)
- Carrying out recommended equipment test and verification procedures
- Participating in field installations and performing system troubleshooting and corrective actions when necessary
- Preparing supporting documentation for all aspects of project execution including operations manuals, hook-up drawings, system diagrams, installation & commissioning procedures, H&S documentation, etc
Maintaining all project folders and all supporting documentation
- Providing feedback and communication for all internal and external clients, presenting data in technical meetings and reporting to project teams and management
- Liaising with suppliers of equipment and contractors to both external and internal clients
- Coordinating maintenance, troubleshooting and clients’ installations upgrades
- Supporting ongoing in-house projects, installations and equipment manufacturing
- Providing support to in-house projects and experiments and where appropriate, contributing to product development
- Liaising with the business development managers and with Silixa’s technology advisors to ensure that DS surveys are well planned
- Liaising with the Finance Department to ensure all projects are within budget and invoiced efficiently
- Liaising with the Logistics Officer to ensure all shipments are on time and within budget
- Adhering to company’s and clients’ HSE requirements and local legislation at all times and actively promoting safe work practices
We are looking for an energetic and dedicated individual with fibre optic experience in the energy industry (petroleum, renewable, electrical power). The candidate should have the ability to work on their own initiative while also contributing to team-oriented projects. The position will require the candidate to be versatile, flexible, hands-on, and a self-starter.
The candidate must possess the self-confidence to challenge actions that may compromise the performance of Silixa’s technology. As the role will require the candidate to undertake a range of industry HSE training & certification before they can be deployed to the field, they must fulfil the medical requirements required to obtain the required certifications.
Ideally the candidate will have a relevant engineering or similar technical qualification. However, candidates with extensive field installation experience will be also considered.
- Field installation
- Hands-on experience of fibre optic sensing systems
- Minimum of an HNC in an engineering or scientific discipline
- Knowledge of seismic acquisition and basic data processing
- Knowledge of distributed fibre optics measurements
Additionally candidates must
- Be physically able to meet industry certification requirements
- A medical with a Silixa approved doctor will be required prior to any offer of employment
- Have strong written and spoken communications skills
- Be capable of creating technical reports and papers
- Have proven problem solving and analysis ability
Due to the nature of the business we will require the candidate to be in a position to obtain medical certificates for a variety of job locations, including offshore. Any job offer will be dependent upon the candidate undertaking an appropriate medical at Silixa’s expense to ensure their ability to undertake this role.
An attractive and competitive package is being offered. This will include private medical insurance, group life assurance and an attractive pension plan.
Candidates are advised to email an up to date CV stating the job role they are interested in to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Roxanne Trainor at 020 8327 4210.
Silixa promotes equal opportunity in employment