Environmental Policy Statement
We will ensure that every aspect of our activities is conducted in accordance with sound environmental practices.
We will achieve this by: –
- Minimising the consumption of natural resources and energy whilst consuming material goods in moderation.
- Reducing the creation of waste by the adoption of improved operating practices and the recycling of materials wherever practical.
- Ensuring all waste is disposed of in safe and responsible manner.
- Investing in the development of new products and processes that have an improved performance regarding their impact on the environment.
- Encourage staff involvement in environmental issues through training.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company.
Silixa aims to foster among its staff, suppliers, customers and community’s local to its operations an undertaking of environmental issues in the context of its business. Our collective task is to ensure that we continually improve the environmental impact of our total global activities.
By this policy Silixa recognises its responsibility towards protection of the environment, and issues this statement as a commitment of both management and employees to minimising the environmental impact of its operations.
Health and Safety General Policy
We at Silixa Ltd recognise our duties under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and the accompanying protective legislation. We will endeavour to meet the requirements of this legislation so as to ensure that we maintain a safe and healthy working environment. Our managers and supervisory staff are informed of their responsibilities to ensure they take all reasonable precautions, to ensure the safety, health and welfare of those that are likely to be affected by our undertaking.
Silixa Ltd recognises so far as is reasonably practicable the duty to ensure the following:
- To provide and maintain a safe place of work, safe systems of work, safe equipment and a healthy and safe working environment.
- To ensure that hazards are identified and regular assessments of risks are undertaken.
- To provide information, instruction and training as is necessary to ensure employees and others are assured of a safe and healthy working environment.
- Promoting the awareness of health and safety and encouraging health and safety best practice throughout our organisation.
- To ensure we are taking the appropriate protective and preventative measures.
- To ensure that we have access to competent advice and are able to secure compliance with our statutory duties.
In order that we can achieve our objectives, and ensure our employees recognise their duties under health and safety legislation whilst at work, we must ensure that we inform them of their duty to take reasonable care of themselves and others that may be affected by their activities. We ensure our employees are informed of their obligations to ensure they co-operate with management and adhere with Silixa Ltd safety rules which are provided within the Employee Safety Handbook.