Process monitoring with distributed sensing technology
Fibre optic distributed sensing technologies provides high density data collection along tens of kilometres of optical fibre simultaneously, transforming both standard and customized cables into the equivalent of thousands of point sensors. This fundamental advance in sensing technology provides a means for complete spatial and temporal coverage of process infrastructure to identify and react to potential failure events before they occur.
By combining customised installation, cable, and software solutions, Silixa’s ULTIMA™ DTS and iDAS™ provide an unsurpassed level of insight into industrial processes.
Distributed sensing provides continuous monitoring and the cable installation can be configured to optimize the coverage provided giving operators an enhanced level of safety while minimising operational downtime.
- Continuous spatial and temporal coverage
- Autonomous monitoring capability
- Optimization of production processes and existing assets
- Improved decision making capacity
- Suitable for harsh and high temperature environments
- Intrinsically safe
- No electrical power required at the sensing locations