Job Type: Permanent
Location: Elstree, UK
Reporting to the Head of Software, you will be validating and enhancing products based on Silixa’s unique Distributed Acoustic Sensors (DAS) and Distributed Temperature Sensors (DTS) technology. These sensors are used in a variety of challenging environments requiring near real-time processing and visualization of data streams of up to a few hundred MBps.
- Creating comprehensive test cases and test plans
- Validating products in accordance with the Company’s quality standards
- Supporting timely and efficient products transfer from development to production
- Providing customer support, investigating issues and implementing bug fixes
- Reviewing products documentation and provide meaningful feedback
- Improving, in collaboration with peers, the development of in-house processes and skills
We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated candidate with the following technical skills:
- Test case / plan tools (required)
- Source code control and bug tracking tools (required)
- Programming language knowledge (nice to have)
- Experience with electronic/optic products (nice to have)
Furthermore, the successful candidate is expected to have the following attributes:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage time and work to deadlines
- Interest in improving user experience and development of user interfaces.
- Ability to collaborate with peers to achieve the Company’s objectives
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
A good degree or similar qualification/experience in computer science, engineering, physics or a related subject is required. Optical fibre sensing experience is not essential but an interest or technical background in the subject area would be advantageous.
An attractive and competitive package is being offered. This will include private medical insurance, group life assurance and an attractive pension plan.
Candidates are advised to email an up to date CV stating the job role they are interested in to: email@example.com
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without any restriction.
Silixa promotes equal opportunity in employment