Job Type: Permanent
Location: Missoula, Montana, USA
Reporting to the Missoula Environment, Mining & Infrastructure Field Service Manager, as a Field Engineer, you will be responsible for the following (but not limited to):
- Adhering to Company’s and clients’ HSE requirements and local legislation at all times and actively promote safe work practices
- Operating knowledge of the iDAS and ULTIMA systems
- Operating knowledge of Silixa proprietary software packages for data handling and processing
- Planning and execution of distributed sensing data acquisition, ensuring that a strict acquisition program is formulated and followed
- Post job finalization of client deliverables, issuing Job Service Tickets, Time Date Sheets and Field reports
- Handling of optical fibers in preparation for data acquisition (stripping, splicing, testing etc.)
- Carrying out recommended equipment test and verification procedures
- Participating in field installations and performing system troubleshooting and corrective actions when necessary
- Preparing supporting documentation for all aspects of project execution including operations manuals, hook-up drawings, system diagrams, installation & commissioning procedures, H&S documentation, etc.
- Maintaining all project folders and all supporting documentation
- Liaising with suppliers of equipment and contractors to both external and internal clients
- Coordinating maintenance, troubleshooting and clients’ installations upgrades
- Supporting ongoing in-house projects, installations and equipment manufacturing
We are looking for an energetic and dedicated individual with experience preferably in the energy (petroleum, renewable, electrical power), geosciences, and/or telecommunications industries. The candidate should have the ability to work on their own initiative while also contributing to team-oriented projects. The position will require the candidate to be versatile, flexible, hands-on, and a self-starter. Travel will be required to carry out field surveys at client project sites.
The candidate must possess the self-confidence to challenge actions that may compromise the performance of Silixa’s technology. As the role will require the candidate to undertake a range of industry HSE training & certification before they can be deployed to the field, they must fulfil the medical requirements required to obtain the required certifications.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific discipline
- Field work and installation experience
- Matlab/Python experience (preferable)
- Geophysical survey experience (preferable)
- Hands-on experience of fiber optic sensing systems (preferable)
- Knowledge of seismic acquisition and basic data processing (preferable)
Additionaly, candidates must
- Be physically able to meet industry certification requirements
- Have strong written and spoken communications skills
- Be capable of creating technical reports and papers
- Have proven problem solving and analysis ability
Please be aware that all applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States. Silixa is not able to support visa applications at this time.
Due to the nature of the business it may be necessary to obtain specific industry/client health certifications, including offshore, before being able to undertake duties at a client’s site. Therefore, we will require the candidate to be in a position to obtain such certificates if required. Any job offer will be dependent upon the candidate undertaking an appropriate medical at Silixa’s expense to ensure their ability to undertake this role.
An attractive and competitive package is being offered. This will include medical, dental, and vision insurance and an employer matched 401k.
Candidates are advised to email an up to date CV stating the job role they are interested in to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Silixa promotes equal opportunity in employment