Production Profiling Engineer/Petrophysicist
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Elstree, London WD6
Silixa, the leading developer of the next generation of optical fibre sensors, is rapidly expanding its business and we are looking for a Production Profiling Engineer/ Petrophysicist to join the team. The position will be based in the UK but it is anticipated that this role will involve some international travel.Reporting to a senior technical manager, the successful candidate will be involved with product implementation in the area of downhole production profiling, and contribute to operational use of iDASTM and Ultima DTSTM in the upstream environment. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join an expanding company with a view to facilitating customer integration of an emerging in-well surveillance monitoring platform in the Oil & Gas industry.
The successful candidate will be participating in commercial operations and producing client-focused solutions. The role will involve activity in the area of in-well flow surveillance using distributed fibre optic sensors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Awareness of product development cycle
- Incorporation of customer feedback within product capability
- Collaboration with R&D team to facilitate incorporation of emerging understandings concerning fluid behavior (acoustic & thermal) into product output
- Internal communication concerning product stage gate information
- Adhering to company’s and clients’ HSE requirements and local legislation at all times and actively promote safe work practices
- Participation in field operations both at onshore and offshore production sites if required
- Remote support for ongoing international operations lead by other Silixa engineers as well as partner organisations
- Preparation, editing, and presentation of survey reports to customers
- Management and processing of complex multi-sensor data sets in excess of 10TB
We are looking for an energetic and dedicated individual with excellent IT and communication skills. The candidate should have the ability to conduct independent research while also contributing to team-oriented projects. The position will require the candidate to be versatile, flexible, hands-on, and a self-starter.
- MSc or BSc (MSc preferred) degree in an engineering or physics related area
- Familiarity with PLT acquisition and reporting procedures and/or DTS analysis
- Experience in writing and presenting interpretation reports to operating companies
- Familiarity with standard well completion practices
- Previous experience working with Inflow Control Devices and/or Inflow Control Valves
- Previous experience working on Hydraulically Fractured Wells
- Understanding of upstream practices in a variety of environments (including HPHT, Multi-laterals, EOR/IOR, SAGD, CSG/CBM, HFM)
- Awareness and/or experience of industry standard in-well flow reporting practices
- Previous experience in software product development
- Programming and data processing capabilities in either Matlab, Python, C++ or similar packages
- Understanding of fluid mechanics and experience using CFD tools
- Awareness of downhole tool design & use
Additionally candidates must:
- Be fluent in English with strong written and spoken communications skills
- Experienced in creating technical reports and papers
- Have proven problem solving and analysis ability
Silixa is manufacturing the next generation of optical fibre sensors, which can simply listen to the acoustic signal at every point along many kilometers of standard telecoms optical fibre. Unlike point sensors, Silixa’s Intelligent Distributed Acoustic Sensor (iDAS™) has no bulky, expensive components and, since the sensing element is standard fibre, can be deployed cost-effectively and flexibly in remote, hostile environments.
The iDAS™ technology utilizes cutting-edge, high-speed optoelectronics and signal processing technology to enable a large stream of acoustic data at every location to be recorded and processed in real-time. This revolutionary technology provides the foundation for advancing the frontiers of acoustic sensing and imaging, leading to many new industrial and scientific applications.
An attractive and competitive package is being offered. This will include private medical insurance, group life assurance and an attractive pension plan.
Candidates are advised to email an up to date CV stating the job role they are interested in at: