Production Test Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Elstree, London WD6
Silixa, the leading developer of the next generation of optical fibre sensors, is rapidly expanding its business and we are looking for a Production Test Engineer to join the team. The position will be based in the UK.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following (but not limited to):
- Performing product testing and troubleshooting
- Assisting in service and repair of customer returns
- Working with Technology department to create and maintain product assembly and test procedures
- Assisting in implementing new product assembly and test procedures in Production department
- Ensuring continuous improvement and maintenance of production test stations
- Supporting various production duties when necessary
- Adhering to Company’s and clients’ HSE requirements and local legislation at all times and actively promote safe work practices.
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated individual with a background in physics or engineering and preferably relevant industry experience in optoelectronics.
- Degree level in the related technical field
- Experience in testing of optoelectronic assemblies and systems
- Basic knowledge in fibre optic distributed sensing technology
- Proven fault finding and troubleshooting ability
- Capable of multitasking, able to work under time pressure and stress
- Good interpersonal & organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team
- IT Literate – Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Silixa is manufacturing the next generation of optical fibre sensors, which can simply listen to the acoustic signal at every point along many kilometers of standard telecoms optical fibre. Unlike point sensors, Silixa’s Intelligent Distributed Acoustic Sensor (iDAS™) has no bulky, expensive components and, since the sensing element is standard fibre, can be deployed cost-effectively and flexibly in remote, hostile environments.
The iDAS™ technology utilizes cutting-edge, high-speed optoelectronics and signal processing technology to enable a large stream of acoustic data at every location to be recorded and processed in real-time. This revolutionary technology provides the foundation for advancing the frontiers of acoustic sensing and imaging, leading to many new industrial and scientific applications.
An attractive and competitive package is being offered. This will include private medical insurance, group life assurance and an attractive pension plan.
Candidates are advised to email an up to date CV stating the job role they are interested in at: