Purchasing and Stock Control Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Elstree, London WD6
We are looking for a Purchasing and Stock Control Administrator to join the team. The position will be based in the UK.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following (but not limited to):
- Assisting Production Manager in stock control and management
- Managing of stockroom – tidy and optimal use of allocated space
- Co-ordinating monthly stock take and process documents in a timely manner
- Processing deliveries and updating of stock system
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of orders
- Kitting of parts based on production build schedule
- Assisting Production Manager in coordinating and managing purchasing activities
- Ensuring continuous improvement and traceability of parts
- Supporting various production duties when necessary
- Adhering to Company’s and clients’ HSE requirements and local legislation at all times and actively promote safe work practices
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated individual with a relevant background in stock control and purchasing, and with at least 2–3 years of working experience in an engineering environment (preferably electronics or photonics)
- Demonstrable experience in stock management and purchasing in engineering/electronics/photonics environment
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Capable of multitasking and able to work under time pressure
- Good attention to detail and organisational experience
- IT Literate – good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
An attractive and competitive package is being offered. This will include private medical insurance, group life assurance and an attractive pension plan.
Candidates are advised to email an up to date CV stating the job role they are interested in to: email@example.com.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
Silixa promotes equal opportunity in employment.