Silixa’s ruggedised distributed temperature sensor, XT-DTS™, is the highest performing DTS for remote and hostile environments.
Designed for remote operation in hostile environments, XT-DTS maintains the highest measurement performance while achieving a class-leading operating temperature range. Its low power consumption enables operation with solar or wind power.
The XT-DTS can be configured and controlled off-site via a wireless or satellite link enabling remote data collection and allowing for effective asset optimisation and environmental risk management, even in previously unreachable locations.
Now available with either 4 or 8 optical channels, XT-DTS spatial and temperature resolution can be optimised over ranges of 2, 5, and 10km (XT-DTS M) or 10, 20, and 35km (XT-DTS L), with the added feature of hibernation mode with 2mW ultra-low power consumption. The system can be configured to produce both single-ended and double-ended measurements.
- Class-leading operating temperature range of ‑40ºC to +65ºC for XT-DTS M, and ‑20ºC to +60ºC for XT-DTS L
- Remote configuration and operation with included user-friendly control software
- Raw data files easily viewed and converted to CSV files for straightforward analysis with included DTS Viewer software
- The finest sampling interval of 25cm over a measurement range up to 10km, and 1m sampling up to 35km
- Range-optimised spatial and temperature resolutions from 65cm and 0.01 °C for XT-DTS M, and from 2.1m and 0.03 °C for XT-DTS L
- Low power requirements (12–24V DC)
- Hibernation mode with 2 mW ultra-low power consumption
- Systems integration can be readily achieved through a programming language agnostic SDK
- Enhanced onboard data storage capacity